    SubjectRe: [RFC] add pwmlib support
    On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 8:12 AM, root <> wrote:
    > On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 01:21:21PM +0100, Sascha Hauer wrote:
    >> Hi all,
    >> While implementing just another pwm driver I thought it's time to implement
    >> generic pwm support. The following series adds drivers/pwm/pwmlib.c and
    >> a i.MX23/28 pwm driver which serves as a usage example for pwmlib. The
    >> code is inspired by gpiolib support and tested using the backlight pwm
    >> driver by Eric Miao.
    > You know, I really wish driver cores like this where not called lib... it
    > is hardly as if they can be taken out of the kernel and usefully re-used
    > in another project.

    Well, I've never known a collection of code shared across multiple
    client applications with the specific intent of consolidating
    functonality under a single framework to be called many other things
    than a "library". It doesn't matter what address space it's in, it's a
    library of reusable code, so I think the name stands up.

    Sascha, this is awesome, BTW. I'm going to see if I can get PWM for
    MX5x and MC13892 under this..

    Matt Sealey <>
    Product Development Analyst, Genesi USA, Inc.

     \ /
      Last update: 2011-01-29 01:51    [W:0.029 / U:0.556 seconds]