SubjectRe: Sound problem
At Sun, 23 Jan 2011 12:56:29 +0200,
Alex Arnautu wrote:

> I'm testing 2.6.38-rc2, and my microphone is still not working.
>
> I attached alsa-info.
>
> I want to mention that 2.6.35 is working fine.

Then please give the output of alsa-info.sh on both working and
(the latest) non-working versions.

Looking at your alsa-info.sh output, the machine has three inputs:
one front-mic jack, one rear-mic jack, and one line-in jack.
Which mic jack are you using at all? And which sound backend is being
used?

Note that the driver provides two analog PCM inputs. Thus, an app
*might* be opening the secondary stream mistakenly, which you don't
set up properly yet (it's set to Rear Mic, and no gain volume).

Anyway, what you need first is to test with an easier program like
arecord. Try like
% arecord -fdat -vv -Dhw:0 foo.wav

If the recording works, the problem isn't about the kernel driver.

Takashi