    SubjectRe: [GIT PULL for 38-rc3] target updates for v4.0.0-rc7
    On Mon, 2011-01-24 at 20:26 -0600, James Bottomley wrote:
    > On Mon, 2011-01-24 at 17:55 -0800, Nicholas A. Bellinger wrote:
    > > On Mon, 2011-01-24 at 19:38 -0600, James Bottomley wrote:
    > [...]
    > > > Over the list, please, not in a git tree. What I need is for others to
    > > > review them ... and appearing on the list best encourages that.
    > > >

    > > Yes, but to clarify one item. All of these patches in for-38-rc3 and
    > > for-jejb branches have already been sent out to linux-scsi incrementally
    > > when they where committed into LIO upstream code. Are you asking that
    > > the entire patch series be re-sent to linux-scsi against .38-rc2..?
    > What I want is for you to tidy them up, make changelogs intelligible,
    > sanity check them (like merge patches for people who submit one patch
    > per file), run checkpatch, make sure series compiles and integration
    > test them before rolling them up in a batch and sending them on (at an
    > interval of about one or two batches per merge window) ... in essence,
    > what a maintainer does.

    Yes, this is more-or-less exactly I have been doing for the .38 round.

    This particular series could stand to have a few more minor commit's
    squashed together, and a quick run through checkpatch as well. But
    other that these small items, the commits have been made tidy, with
    intelligible changelogs + proper authorship with target v4.0.0-rc7
    running in .38-rc2 x86_64 VM, and the bugfixes ready to be included for

    Squashing will probably save only 2-3 commits in this particular series,
    but I will get these minor items condensed and produce a followup GIT
    PULL v2 request from scsi-post-merge-2.6.git/for-38-rc3 against
    linus .38-rc2.

    Again just to verify, these will be sent out in their entirety to

     \ /
      Last update: 2011-01-25 03:51    [W:0.019 / U:1.780 seconds]