SubjectRe: [GIT PULL for 38-rc3] target updates for v4.0.0-rc7
On Mon, 2011-01-24 at 20:26 -0600, James Bottomley wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-01-24 at 17:55 -0800, Nicholas A. Bellinger wrote:
> > On Mon, 2011-01-24 at 19:38 -0600, James Bottomley wrote:
> [...]
> > > Over the list, please, not in a git tree. What I need is for others to
> > > review them ... and appearing on the list best encourages that.
> > >

> > Yes, but to clarify one item. All of these patches in for-38-rc3 and
> > for-jejb branches have already been sent out to linux-scsi incrementally
> > when they where committed into LIO upstream code. Are you asking that
> > the entire patch series be re-sent to linux-scsi against .38-rc2..?
>
> What I want is for you to tidy them up, make changelogs intelligible,
> sanity check them (like merge patches for people who submit one patch
> per file), run checkpatch, make sure series compiles and integration
> test them before rolling them up in a batch and sending them on (at an
> interval of about one or two batches per merge window) ... in essence,
> what a maintainer does.

Yes, this is more-or-less exactly I have been doing for the .38 round.

This particular series could stand to have a few more minor commit's
squashed together, and a quick run through checkpatch as well. But
other that these small items, the commits have been made tidy, with
intelligible changelogs + proper authorship with target v4.0.0-rc7
running in .38-rc2 x86_64 VM, and the bugfixes ready to be included for
mainline.

Squashing will probably save only 2-3 commits in this particular series,
but I will get these minor items condensed and produce a followup GIT
PULL v2 request from scsi-post-merge-2.6.git/for-38-rc3 against
linus .38-rc2.

Again just to verify, these will be sent out in their entirety to
linux-scsi.

--nab

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans