    SubjectRe: more intel drm issues (was Re: [git pull] drm intel only fixes)
    From
    On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 10:39 AM, Linus Torvalds
    <torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:
    > Ok, so I have a new issue that I'm currently bisecting but that people
    > may be able to figure out even befor emy bisect finishes.
    >
    > On my slow Atom netbook (that I'm planning on using as my traveling
    > companion for LCA), suspend-to-RAM takes a long time with current git.
    > It's quite noticeable - it used to be pretty much instant, now it
    > takes three seconds. And it's all i915 graphics (although I haven't
    > bisected it down fully, I've bisected it down to the drm merge).
    >
    > In the good case (like plain 2.6.37), a suspend event will look
    > something like this:...
    >   PM: suspend of devices complete after 147.646 msecs
    > but the i915 driver at some point made it take 3s:
    >  PM: suspend of devices complete after 3059.656 msecs
    > which is definitely long enough to be worth fixing.
    >
    > Maybe the person responsible will go "oh, that's obviously due to
    > xyz", and just fix it. But I'll continue to bisect in case nobody
    > steps up to admit to wasting time..

    Rafael send out two patches earlier. Could be related. I was facing
    issue during resume.

    Attached are the two patches. You'll need to apply both.

    Len has suggested before to try to booting with "acpi_sleep=nonvs"
    which works as well for my case.

    Thanks,
    Jeff
    [unhandled content-type:application/octet-stream][unhandled content-type:application/octet-stream]

      Last update: 2011-01-20 05:57    [W:0.042 / U:0.872 seconds]