SubjectRe: more intel drm issues (was Re: [git pull] drm intel only fixes)
From
On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 10:39 AM, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:
> Ok, so I have a new issue that I'm currently bisecting but that people
> may be able to figure out even befor emy bisect finishes.
>
> On my slow Atom netbook (that I'm planning on using as my traveling
> companion for LCA), suspend-to-RAM takes a long time with current git.
> It's quite noticeable - it used to be pretty much instant, now it
> takes three seconds. And it's all i915 graphics (although I haven't
> bisected it down fully, I've bisected it down to the drm merge).
>
> In the good case (like plain 2.6.37), a suspend event will look
> something like this:...
>   PM: suspend of devices complete after 147.646 msecs
> but the i915 driver at some point made it take 3s:
>  PM: suspend of devices complete after 3059.656 msecs
> which is definitely long enough to be worth fixing.
>
> Maybe the person responsible will go "oh, that's obviously due to
> xyz", and just fix it. But I'll continue to bisect in case nobody
> steps up to admit to wasting time..

Rafael send out two patches earlier. Could be related. I was facing
issue during resume.

Attached are the two patches. You'll need to apply both.

Len has suggested before to try to booting with "acpi_sleep=nonvs"
which works as well for my case.

Thanks,
Jeff
[unhandled content-type:application/octet-stream][unhandled content-type:application/octet-stream]

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans