    Subject[patch 00/37] genirq: Remove __do_IRQ() and cleanup irq related Kconfigs
    Now that rc1 is out, I got reliable information about the remaining
    users of __do_IRQ(), which block the removal:

    arch/cris, arch/h8300, arch/m32r

    The following series converts these architectures to proper flow
    handlers and removes __do_IRQ(). Aside of that if cleans up the irq
    related Kconfigs in the architectures and switches them to the generic
    Kconfig in kernel/irq/

    The __do_IRQ() removal is only compile tested, but

    - the CRIS maintainer said some time ago he is fine with breakage
    and will deal with the fallout

    - h8300 and m32r are basically unmaintained. The last updates from
    the maintainer side have been more than a year ago.

    The conversion of all 3 architectures is straight forward and with low risc,
    though it's only compile tested with all available defconfigs as far as it
    goes. Some of them do not build in vanilla either, but the converted files
    build fine.

    The last chunk of this patch series is a straight forward conversion
    of architectures to use the generic irq Kconfig file. Compile tested
    and boot tested on a few.

    That said, if there are no objections and Linus does not go berserk on
    me, I'd like to get over with this right now.

    Thanks,

    tglx
    ---
    Documentation/feature-removal-schedule.txt | 8 -
    arch/alpha/Kconfig | 19 --
    arch/blackfin/Kconfig | 17 --
    arch/cris/Kconfig | 6
    arch/cris/arch-v10/kernel/irq.c | 41 +----
    arch/cris/arch-v32/kernel/irq.c | 50 +-----
    arch/cris/kernel/irq.c | 6
    arch/frv/Kconfig | 9 -
    arch/h8300/Kconfig | 6
    arch/h8300/kernel/irq.c | 50 ++----
    arch/ia64/Kconfig | 26 ---
    arch/m32r/Kconfig | 11 -
    arch/m32r/kernel/irq.c | 10 -
    arch/m32r/platforms/m32104ut/setup.c | 58 ++-----
    arch/m32r/platforms/m32700ut/setup.c | 214 +++++++++-------------------
    arch/m32r/platforms/mappi/setup.c | 78 +++-------
    arch/m32r/platforms/mappi2/setup.c | 89 +++--------
    arch/m32r/platforms/mappi3/setup.c | 92 ++++--------
    arch/m32r/platforms/oaks32r/setup.c | 65 ++------
    arch/m32r/platforms/opsput/setup.c | 220 +++++++++--------------------
    arch/m32r/platforms/usrv/setup.c | 115 +++++----------
    arch/m68knommu/Kconfig | 9 -
    arch/microblaze/Kconfig | 11 -
    arch/mips/Kconfig | 3
    arch/mn10300/Kconfig | 8 -
    arch/parisc/Kconfig | 18 --
    arch/powerpc/Kconfig | 28 ---
    arch/score/Kconfig | 10 -
    arch/sparc/Kconfig | 9 -
    arch/tile/Kconfig | 19 --
    arch/um/Kconfig.common | 6
    arch/um/Kconfig.um | 3
    include/linux/irqdesc.h | 14 -
    kernel/irq/Kconfig | 3
    kernel/irq/handle.c | 111 --------------

      Last update: 2011-01-19 22:55    [W:4.103 / U:0.020 seconds]