SubjectRe: [patch] fs: aio fix rcu lookup
Date
Jeff Moyer <jmoyer@redhat.com> writes:

> Jan Kara <jack@suse.cz> writes:
>
>> But there's the second race I describe making it possible
>> for new IO to be created after io_destroy() has waited for all IO to
>> finish...
>
> Can't that be solved by introducing memory barriers around the accesses
> to ->dead?

Upon further consideration, I don't think so.

Given the options, I think adding the synchronize rcu to the io_destroy
path is the best way forward. You're already waiting for a bunch of
queued I/O to finish, so there is no guarantee that you're going to
finish that call quickly.

Cheers,
Jeff

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans