SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.38-rc1
Date

On Jan 18, 2011, at 7:53 PM, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 7:42 PM, Justin Mattock <justinmattock@gmail.com
> > wrote:
>>
>> wheres the changelog? (gotta narcissistically check to see if I
>> made it
>> in)..
>
> I only do changelogs in the email if they are small enough to be
> reasonable. -rc1 never is. -rc2 seldom is. Usually it's -rc3 and up.
> In this case, even just the shortlog would have been about ten
> thousand lines and 480kB, so it really isn't going to fly through lkml
> (and nobody would read it all anyway)

never realized that... always thought there was a changelog in your
posts for releases

> But you can get git, and do
>
> git shortlog v2.6.37..v2.6.38-rc1
>
> to get the shortlog. Or you can download the whole changelog from
> kernel.org next to the kernel sources. The git approach is better,
> because you can ask for the log for just specific files or
> subdirectories that you are interested in, which turns the flood into
> something much more manageable.

git is where Ill see then, and/or if you post it on an email

> But, since you asked, we can just do
>
> git shortlog --author=justin v2.6.37..v2.6.38-rc1

a new way to use git...(nice!!)

> which is appended. Go Justin!
>
> Linus
>
> PS. No. I will not make personalized shortlogs for everybody who asks.

no... thats not a good idea

> ---
> Justin P. Mattock (8):
> staging: Fix typos in rt2860
> spi/dw_spi Typo change diable to disable.
> spi/topcliff: Typo fix threhold to threshold
> media: comment typo fix diable -> disable.
> wireless: comment typo fix diable -> disable.
> m68k: fix comment typo diable -> disable.
> drivers: fix comment typo diable -> disable.
> ppc: fix comment typo singal -> signal

was wondering what happened to those.. all right... and Now have my
answer!!

thanks for the response...

Justin P. Mattock

  Last update: 2011-01-19 05:09    [W:0.102 / U:0.236 seconds]