    SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] SCSI postmerge patches for 2.6.38 merge window
    On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 7:40 PM, James Bottomley
    <> wrote:
    > This is a set of three patches I've been carrying that had a
    > dependencies on pieces of the block tree (which went in yesterday).
    > It's been rebased to go cleanly on top of current git head (and elimnate
    > some of the merge cruft of creating a postmerge tree).  All of the
    > patches have been in Linux-next for several weeks.
    > The two sd/sr patches are just completion of the media events
    > infrastructure which was in the block tree.  The main chunk is the
    > addition of the LIO in-kernel target infrastructure which is one of the
    > two competing target infrastructures which have been out of tree for
    > several years now.  Thanks to quite a lot of effort (particularly from
    > Christoph Hellwig) cleaning it up, I think it's ready for mainline
    > inclusion.  This piece is just the target infrastructure; we'll begin
    > adding the in-kernel drivers and the migration hooks for STGT (our
    > original user land target driver) over the next merge window.
    > The patch is available here:
    > The short changelog is:
    > Nicholas Bellinger (1):
    >      target: Add LIO target core v4.0.0-rc6
    > [ ... ]

    As anyone can see in the source file drivers/target/target_core_mib.c
    this patch adds a significant number of new files to procfs. I thought
    that this was considered unacceptable since a long time ? Has anything
    changed ?

    See also;a=blob;f=drivers/target/target_core_mib.c.

      Last update: 2011-01-15 19:29    [W:0.022 / U:1.712 seconds]