SubjectRe: [RFC] arm: Defer lookup of machine_type and vet of atags to setup.c
On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 9:53 AM, Nicolas Pitre <nico@fluxnic.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Jan 2011, Grant Likely wrote:
>
>> Actually it looks like the real problem is that the mmu has been
>> turned on, but the virtual mappings for devices have not yet been
>> established, and so the debug macros aren't using a valid address.
>
> A temporary virtual mapping should be there -- look for addruart in
> head.S.

Hi Russell and Nicolas,

Oops, yes all the early debug stuff works fine. Stupid human trick on
my end, but I've sorted it out now. Thanks for the help. I'll have
patches to post later today.

g.

--
Grant Likely, B.Sc., P.Eng.