    SubjectRe: [git pull] drm for rc1
    On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 10:06 PM, Jesse Barnes <> wrote:
    > Arg.  It's been ok on my ILK systems, but Chris has found some issues with out watermarking code iirc; apparently we're underflowing the display FIFO, causing all sorts of trouble.  If it works before the pull of Dave's tree, can you bisect?

    There's no way to bisect this thing - it started happening after 2
    hours (first message at 8287.139375 seconds from boot, to be exact).
    So far only once, but that's possibly because I've been asleep for the
    last eight hours ;)

    But yes, it worked before pulling Dave's tree, IOW, I haven't seen
    this message on this machine before.

    And as mentioned, this is a regular machine, not one of my
    preproduction things that tend to have odd silicon or BIOSes.
    Bog-standard Core i5 on an Asus P7H57D-V EVO motherboard. The fanciest
    part of that machine is the silent case ;)

    Chris wrote:
    > Linus, is anything else kicked off upon powersaving? A screen saver or is
    > it just the blanking that triggers the mess?

    So I don't _know_ that it was the screen saver that triggered, but I
    do know that it started happening while I was out to pick up a kid
    from gymnastics. So the screen saver was pretty much the only thing
    going on apart from an idle desktop with a few terminals and chrome.

    And it's not even a 3D screen saver or anything graphically fancy,
    it's just the "show random photos" one (it eventually does blank too,
    but I think I've set the blanking interval to an hour or something).
    But compiz was on.

      Last update: 2011-01-11 17:05    [W:0.023 / U:1.452 seconds]