    SubjectRe: 2.6.35.*: horrible (exponential? >linear) slowdown to unusability (ACPI idle?)
    > > I think this is related to what has been discussed in this thread:

    * Nix <> [2010-09-06 21:27]:
    > Quite possibly :/ though I'm on x86-64, not x86, and certainly don't
    > have kmemleak turne don.

    Yes, at first we were talking about x86 and kmemleak but leter on, the
    problem seemed more related to x86-64 and the config_no_bootmem option.

    > > So if you can reproduce it quite easily, I guess bisection (even
    > > painful) will be the best way to get (hopefuly) an idea of where the
    > > problem might come from...

    > 'Quite easily' is not quite true. It does not show up in qemu -kernel.
    > It does not show up if you boot straight to an emergency boot shell
    > in the initramfs (I was trying to avoid activating the RAID arrays).

    > So I guess it's a full-blown boot each time, which is made pointlessly
    > difficult by the fact that the rpc.mountd on my NFS server is acting up,
    > giving me -ESTALE half the time for an initial mount (??!!!) and thus
    > totally buggering up my client system whenever I reboot. So I may have
    > to debug *that* first. What fun.

    Yes, but you seem to get it at each boot and immediately, which was
    never my case (don't know about Zeno). With I got it only once
    in several days of uptimes and boots.

    I hope your specific situation will help isolate the problem...

    Damien Wyart

     \ /
      Last update: 2010-09-07 07:39    [W:0.019 / U:4.476 seconds]