    SubjectRe: disabling group leader perf_event
      On 09/06/2010 03:59 PM, Ingo Molnar wrote:
    >> Is this a roundabout way of saying "jit"?
    > Partly. I'm not sure we want to actually upload programs in bytecode
    > form. ASCII is just fine - just like a .gz Javascript is fine for web
    > apps. (and in most cases compresses down better than the bytecode
    > equivalent)
    > So a clear language (the simpler initially the better) plus an in-kernel
    > compiler.
    > This could be used for far more than just instrumentation: IMO security
    > policies could be expressed in such a way. (Simplified, they are quite
    > similar to filters installed on syscall entry/exit, with the ability of
    > the filter to influence whether the syscall is performed.)

    For me the requirements are:
    - turing complete (more than just filters)
    - easy interface to kernel APIs (like hrtimers)
    - safe to use by untrusted users

    The actual language doesn't really matter.

      Last update: 2010-09-06 17:01    [W:0.022 / U:0.036 seconds]