SubjectRe: [RFC v4]update broken web addresses in the kernel.
On 09/27/2010 06:37 PM, Finn Thain wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Sep 2010, Justin P. Mattock wrote:

>>> Perhaps it'd be better to scrape the contents of the various web
>>> pages, collect them somewhere like wiki.kernel.org and encourage
>>> others to put new contributions in that site.
>
> The copyright problem aside, this might be a good idea for material not
> already archived but I don't think it makes sense to start a new
> archive when archive.org (or other) has the information.
>
> And which version(s) do you scrape? I discussed some problems with
> changing URLs in another thread: http://lkml.org/lkml/2010/9/22/22
>
> Anyway, without knowing what future archive(s) would be available or
> relevant to any given URL in the future, I think the best we might do is a
> "Retrieved on YYYY-MM-DD" qualification for new URLs.
>

>> yeah I think somebody was saying something about having a separate file,
>> with all the web addresses in them or something...In any case, up to you
>> guys..
>
> I don't see how moving the addresses would help.
> And would it not make the information harder to find?
>
> Finn

depends on how the setup is.. I was thinking of having some kind of
letter/number scheme i.e. (A-13) in the comment, then in the file with
all the addresses under article "A" 13th address down you would have the
web address.(but keep in mind that's just speculation..)

Justin P. Mattock

  Last update: 2010-09-28 04:11    [W:0.613 / U:0.060 seconds]