SubjectRE: [RFC trollpatch 1/1] genirq: Remove the fits all and nothing __do_IRQ() code
> No, it's deliberate. The solution is to use the correct flow handler
> for your device. We have currently several flow handlers implemented:

Yes, I found the different "handle_*_irq()" functions. The _percpu_
variant works fine for the ia64 per-cpu interrupt paths.

But *NONE* of them call desc->chip->end() (even though the code flow
in Documentation/DcoBook/genericirq.tmpl says that three of them do
call it]. So it appears that this was thought to be necessary when
the docs were written, but was not put into the code.

The ia64 chip->end function for edge triggered interrupts is a nop(),
so handle_edge_irq() ought to work just fine for it [can't confirm
from my initial tests because the HP box I'm using only has level
triggered ones].

handle_level_irq() works for my level triggered interrupts if I add
a "desc->chip->end(irq)" call to it.

git grep "chip->end" appears to show that the only use of chip->end
is in the "Recovery handler for misrouted interrupts": try_one_irq()

At minimum we seem to have some documentation inconsistencies with
the code.

-Tony

  Last update: 2010-09-27 20:43    [W:0.062 / U:0.240 seconds]