SubjectSwsusp patches applied to suspend-2.6#linux-next
Date
Hi again Rafael.

As discussed, here are the patches, modified to apply against your current
linux-next tree. A new first patch splits compression support out into its
own file, removing the need to have two versions of the load_image and
save_image routines, minimising the changes to the remainder of the
patches and making things cleaner than would otherwise be the case.

On my laptop, single-threaded compression actually slows writing down from
175MB/s to around 100-120MB/s (depending on how well the image compresses).
Reading speed improves from 218MB/s to around 245MB/s. I expect that
multithreaded writing would bring the writing (and reading) speeds back
up. It's on my swsusp to do list :)

Nigel

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans