    SubjectSwsusp patches applied to suspend-2.6#linux-next
    Date
    Hi again Rafael.

    As discussed, here are the patches, modified to apply against your current
    linux-next tree. A new first patch splits compression support out into its
    own file, removing the need to have two versions of the load_image and
    save_image routines, minimising the changes to the remainder of the
    patches and making things cleaner than would otherwise be the case.

    On my laptop, single-threaded compression actually slows writing down from
    175MB/s to around 100-120MB/s (depending on how well the image compresses).
    Reading speed improves from 218MB/s to around 245MB/s. I expect that
    multithreaded writing would bring the writing (and reading) speeds back
    up. It's on my swsusp to do list :)

    Nigel

    ©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans