    From: linux-ide-owner@vger.kernel.org
    [mailto:linux-ide-owner@vger.kernel.org] On Behalf Of Alan Cox
    Sent: Saturday, September 18, 2010 6:59 PM
    To: Joshua Hintze
    Cc: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org; linux-ide@vger.kernel.org
    Subject: Re: PATA IDE is slower in newer versions of kernel

    > I'm dedicated to continue working on the problem, I just need to advice
    from the linux community. I've tried different I/O schedulers such as noop
    and anticipatory and I'm studying the ide-dma code but still lost to where
    this is happening.

    drivers/ide is pretty much obsolete - so what you are seeing is doubly
    odd. Most stuff now is using the newer drivers/ata code which can support
    SATA, NCQ etc unlike the old codebase.

    One thing to check would be whether using the drivers/ata code shows the
    same problem.

    Alan