SubjectRe: Interrupt latency on some 945GM platforms
On Tue, 14 Sep 2010, Vasily Khoruzhick wrote:

> В сообщении от 14 of September 2010 03:55:32 автор Venkatesh Pallipadi
> написал:
>
> > Whats the clockevent in this case ("Tick Device" section of
> > /proc/timer_list). clocksource= option only changes the clocksource used
> > to maintain
> > timeofday. But, timer interrupt (clockevent) source will not change.
> > Wondering how just the clocksource change is making the diff here..
> >
> > Also, if clocksource tsc has a higher rating than HPET. The reason
> > HPET is getting used as clocksource in the first place seems to be due
> > to TSC is not a dependable clocksource on this platform (may be it
> > stops in C3). So, I am not sure forcing it to tsc will be a good
> > thing. May be clocksource=acpi_pm is a better thing to try.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Venki
>
> I investigated it a bit and found out that single nohz=off option helps. Just
> changing clocksource doesn't help, but it works smoothly with any clocksource
> with nohz=off. So, it seems that something wrong with intel driver while
> system is in tickless mode.

Can you try with NOHZ enabled and the following on the kernel command line:

processor.max_cstate=1

Make sure that CONFIG_ACPI_PROCESSOR is set to "y" and not to "m"

If that works, then try

processor.max_cstate=2

Thanks,

tglx

  Last update: 2010-09-14 11:55    [W:0.095 / U:0.252 seconds]