    Subject[REGRESSION] cdrom drive doesn't detect removal

    After a switch between hal to devkit stack, a different strategy of
    detecting a cdrom removal was applied.
    Instead of polling it, userspace just tells the kernel not to lock the
    dour (/proc/sys/dev/cdrom/lock) and as soon as user removes the disk,
    udev notifies the userspace and it unmounts it. Since CDROMs are
    readonly this is perfectly safe and fits the same procedure used for all
    other removable disks. (usb, flash cards, etc..)

    (Well, most cdroms aren't really read-only these days, but state of
    packet writing is so sad these days that is doesn't matter).

    However 2.6.36 doesn't detect that removal.
    According to udevadm monitor --property no uevents are send on removal.

    My feeling is that this is BKL fallout.
    I of course use new libata stack, so my cdrom driver is sr.

    Best regards,
    Maxim Levitsky

     \ /
      Last update: 2010-09-12 11:51    [W:0.018 / U:6.424 seconds]