    SubjectRe: How to determine the information about SATA controller
    From
    >  > >
    >  >
    >  > In my case, BIOS options are enhanced / legacy / disabled. I tried all
    >  > but of no use. So I am using enhanced to boot Fedora 13 kernel.
    >
    > We need to see the complete kernel messages from a failed boot to
    > determine the root cause of that missing root device failure.
    >
    > I suggest hooking up a null-modem serial cable to a second machine
    > and run minicom on that one to capture boot messages, but there may
    > be other ways to capture boot messages: netconsole? firewire?

    Netbook is also using SATA Intel controller :
    http://userweb.kernel.org/~jaswinder/acer_netbook/config-2636rc3-netbook.txt

    I used netbook config and with little bit modification as CPU and
    network device is changed, I am able to boot the kernel :

    dmesg :
    http://userweb.kernel.org/~jaswinder/P4_HT/dmesg_2636_test_netbook.txt

    config:
    http://userweb.kernel.org/~jaswinder/P4_HT/config-ht-test-netbook.txt