Subjectftrace/perf_event leak
  I recently added perf_event support to kvm_stat, to display kvm
tracepoints as statistics (I'd like to fold this to tools/perf
eventually, but that's another story). However I'm seeing a resource
leak - after I quit the tool, there are quite a few references into the
kvm module:

kvm_intel 43655 0
kvm 272984 269 kvm_intel

The tool is just a python script that reads
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/kvm to find out which events are
available, uses perf_event_open() to create one group per cpu to which a
lot of events are attached. The only special thing I can think of is
that we use an ioctl to attach a filter to many perf_event descriptors.

You can find the source at
http://git.kernel.org/?p=virt/kvm/qemu-kvm.git;a=blob_plain;f=kvm/kvm_stat;hb=5bd5f131b50cb373ff4e2a3632c6dad00a1f0b55.
All it needs are the kvm modules loaded; no need to actually run a
guest. Run as root.

signature is too narrow to contain.

  Last update: 2010-09-01 10:45    [W:0.181 / U:0.408 seconds]