    Subjectftrace/perf_event leak
      I recently added perf_event support to kvm_stat, to display kvm
    tracepoints as statistics (I'd like to fold this to tools/perf
    eventually, but that's another story). However I'm seeing a resource
    leak - after I quit the tool, there are quite a few references into the
    kvm module:

    kvm_intel 43655 0
    kvm 272984 269 kvm_intel

    The tool is just a python script that reads
    /sys/kernel/debug/tracing/events/kvm to find out which events are
    available, uses perf_event_open() to create one group per cpu to which a
    lot of events are attached. The only special thing I can think of is
    that we use an ioctl to attach a filter to many perf_event descriptors.

    You can find the source at
    http://git.kernel.org/?p=virt/kvm/qemu-kvm.git;a=blob_plain;f=kvm/kvm_stat;hb=5bd5f131b50cb373ff4e2a3632c6dad00a1f0b55.
    All it needs are the kvm modules loaded; no need to actually run a
    guest. Run as root.

    signature is too narrow to contain.

      Last update: 2010-09-01 10:45    [W:0.045 / U:157.736 seconds]