    SubjectRe: Attempted summary of suspend-blockers LKML thread, take three
    From
    On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 4:59 PM,  <david@lang.hm> wrote:

    > now, android is betting that the apps are all developed specifically for the
    > android from scratch, so having a different API is acceptable, even if it
    > cuts them off from the rest of the *nix applications. For a phone this is
    > not neccessarily an unreasonable stance, but as Android moves into the
    > spaces where normal applications are in use (netbooks and tablets), this
    > becomes a much shakier stance to take.

    "Normal" apps work reasonably well -- they get halted when the screen
    turns off, just like they do when my laptop suspends.

    Wakelocks are useful for mobile-centric apps that you want to keep
    running in the background, wake up and do work when the device is
    "asleep", etc.

    Brian

      Last update: 2010-08-07 04:09    [W:0.020 / U:30.436 seconds]