SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] block/IO bits for 2.6.36-rc1
On 2010-08-06 12:38, Jens Axboe wrote:
> Hi Linus,
>
> This is the big round of updates for the IO bits for 2.6.36-rc1.
> Not sure what happened on the excessive number of merges listed
> as:
>
> Merge branch 'for-2.6.36' into for-next
>
> as these should 1) just have been regular fast forwards, and 2)
> not be listed under 2.6.36 when the pull was in the other
> direction. I tend to run -git git versions, so perhaps there
> was a bad version in there. I was planning on reshuffling
> the branch, but it's 3 months of churn and fixups in there and
> that would take me a while. Let me know if you absolutely
> hate it and I'll do it.

Oh, and the 'master' merges into for-2.6.36 were all done to
resolve conflicts. I had to do two just this week after you
starting pulling in changes from others, as they were beyond
git to automatically resolve. So there are no excessive merges,
just the weird listings for for-2.6.36 -> for-next.

--
Jens Axboe

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, its contents and any attachments to it are confidential to the intended recipient, and may contain information that is privileged and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify the sender and destroy the original e-mail message and any attachments (and any copies that may have been made) from your system or otherwise. Any unauthorized use, copying, disclosure or distribution of this information is strictly prohibited.