    SubjectRe: Attempted summary of suspend-blockers LKML thread
    On Thu, 5 Aug 2010, Brian Swetland wrote:

    > On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 6:01 PM, <> wrote:
    >>> Obviously not all clocks are stopped (the DSP and codec are powered
    >>> and clocked, for example), but yeah we can clock gate and power gate
    >>> the cpu and most other peripherals while audio is playing on a number
    >>> of ARM SoC designs available today (and the past few years).
    >> does this then mean that you have multiple variations of suspend?
    >> for example, one where the audio stuff is left powered, and one where it
    >> isn't?
    > While the cpu (and the bulk of the system) is suspended, it's not
    > uncommon for some peripherals to continue to operate -- for example a
    > cellular radio, gps, low power audio playback, etc. Details will vary
    > depending on the SoC and board design. It's not so much a different
    > suspend mode (the system is still suspended), just a matter of whether
    > a peripheral can operate independently (and if it is lower power for
    > it to do so).

    this helps, but isn't quite what I was trying to ask.

    on a given piece of hardware, does suspend always leave the same
    peripherals on, or do you sometimes power more things down than other
    times when suspending?

    David Lang
     \ /
      Last update: 2010-08-06 10:11    [W:0.065 / U:19.492 seconds]