    SubjectRe: [rfc] Merge kexec-tools into the kernel tree
    On Wed, Aug 04, 2010 at 04:06:48PM +0900, Simon Horman wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > After all the excitement of relocating kexec-tools from
    > one location on kernel.org to another last week it was
    > suggested to me by Michael Neuling that the merging
    > kexec-tools into the kernel tree would be a good idea.
    >
    > Given that there have been a bunch of issues with kexec
    > on power that this would resolve. and there is precedence
    > for tools in the kernel tree, this sounds entirely reasonable to me.
    > So with my kexec-tools maintainer hat on, I would like to start
    > a conversation about this.

    Thanks to everyone for their responses. I think we can safely conclude
    that the body of opinion is that its not appropriate for kexec-tools
    to be included in the kernel tree. Primarily because it isn't tied
    closely to the kernel ABI. As such I withdraw this proposal.

    Thanks in particular to those who offered ideas on how to resolve
    some of the problems that kexec-tools faces. Lets make those ideas happen.

      Last update: 2010-08-05 08:43    [W:0.020 / U:89.024 seconds]