SubjectRe: NET_NS: unregister_netdevice: waiting for lo to become free (after using openvpn)
On 08/05/2010 02:51 AM, Eric W. Biederman wrote:
> Michael Leun<> writes:

>> Unfortunately looks like indefinitely. Never watched longer so far
>> (rebooted soon), but I'm seeing this message now repeated every 10 secs
>> for ~10 minutes on a idle system.
> Ugh. A real bug then. These can be a pain to track down and fix. I
> think the last one of these I tracked down took a couple of weeks. I
> will start digging in when I get back from vacation.

I once spent a similar amount of time putting in debug variants that
printed info for each time a netdev was acquired and released.

Maybe a similar logic could be put into the official kernel (and
disabled by default)?

That should save effort in the long run, I'd think.

Ben Greear <>
Candela Technologies Inc