    SubjectRe: Attempted summary of suspend-blockers LKML thread
    On Wed, Aug 04, 2010 at 11:15:13PM +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:

    > > > In different message, Arve said they are actually using low-power idle
    > > > to emulate suspend on Android.

    > > Could you please point me at this message?

    > AFAICT, this tells us that idle and suspend is the same hardware state
    > on current Android hardware:

    This is all massively system dependant. On some systems when the system
    is in the same idle state in the lowest power idle mode as in suspend
    however as a result of not doing the suspend (which causes Linux to
    quiesce most of the hardware) many more things will be able to generate
    wake events. On other systems you will achieve a lower power state by
    using suspend for various reasons, some fixable and some not. I rather
    suspect Arve was talking about the former case.

     \ /
      Last update: 2010-08-04 23:43    [W:0.021 / U:34.856 seconds]