SubjectRe: Attempted summary of suspend-blockers LKML thread
Hi,

On Tue, 3 Aug 2010 21:47:49 -0700 (PDT)
david@lang.hm wrote:

> > Suspend is not an android only concept. The android extensions just
> > allow us to aggressively use suspend without loosing (or delaying)
> > wakeup events. On the hardware that we shipped we can enter the same
> > power mode from idle as we do in suspend, but we still use suspend
> > primarily because it stops the monotonic clock and all the timers that
> > use it. Changing suspend to behave more like an idle mode, which seems
> > to be what you are suggesting, would not buy us anything.
>
> Ok, If I am understanding you correctly I think this is an important
> point.
>
> What Android calls suspend is not what other linux distros call suspend,
> it's just a low-power mode with different wakeup rules.
>
> Is this correct?

I think my laptop (x86-64) uses the same notion of suspend as Android.
I am confused now. Android 'suspend' is equivalent to
'echo "mem" > /sys/power/state'

Which distros call it "low-power mode with different wakeup rules"?
Gentoo doesnt. In KDE/Gnome it's also called suspend or suspend-to-ram
iirc.

Cheers,
Flo

  Last update: 2010-08-04 07:49    [W:0.675 / U:0.304 seconds]