SubjectRe: How to track down abysmal performance ata - raid1 - crypto - vg/lv - xfs
On Wed, 4 Aug 2010, Christoph Hellwig wrote:

> The good news is that you have it tracked down, the bad news is that I
> know very little about dm-crypt. Maybe the issue is the single threaded
> decryption in dm-crypt? Can you check how much CPU time the dm crypt
> kernel thread uses?

I'm not sure it's that. I have a Core i5 with AES-NI and that didn't
significantly increase my overall performance, as it's not there the
bottleneck is (at least in my system).

I earlier sent out an email wondering if someone could shed some light on
how scheduling, block caching and read-ahead works together when one does
disks->md->crypto->lvm->fs, becase that's a lot of layers and potentially
a lot of unneeded buffering, readahead and scheduling magic?

--
Mikael Abrahamsson email: swmike@swm.pp.se

  Last update: 2010-08-04 13:55    [W:0.117 / U:0.324 seconds]