SubjectRe: 3w-9xxx: scsi0: WARNING: (0x06:0x0037): Character ioctl (0x108) timed out, resetting card.
From
Justin,

There were no changes in the driver other than to force a 60 second I/O
timeout. You probably have a udev rule that was already giving you 60
second timeouts for all scsi devices, so this patch did absolutely nothing.

More likely is that there is an I/O pattern change between the kernels
that is causing a 3ware firmware issue (or drive firmware issue) on
your configuration.
I have forwarded your case to 3ware firmware support.

-Adam