    SubjectRe: [RFC 0/5] tty: move stuff around
    > Now I've missed the first part of this discussion... Is there a change
    > imminent that requires rewriting of all the drivers?

    Mostly locking - it's not a trivial entry point thing. The gs layer for
    example was full of races and needed rewriting so just got declared

    > (If rewriting serial drivers, PLEASE make it so that the
    > userspace-kernel interface just passes a baud rate integer, not the
    > one-of-16-possible baudrate-flags. The old stuff can be emulated in a

    Did that several years ago. I think you still need to use the ioctl
    because several years is apparently a bit short for glibc to get with it
    even though a glibc person thought up how to do the new interface 8)

    > library. Secondly serial port drivers should NOT have to worry about
    > DCD changes and what to do with sleeping processes. The driver should
    > have an kernel function to call: "hey, one of the control lines
    > changed level. These are the new ones". And "These characters
    > arrived". And the driver has an entry point: "please send these
    > characters". )

    Mostly done. See tty_port_*

     \ /
      Last update: 2010-08-31 13:13    [W:0.027 / U:5.472 seconds]