    SubjectRe: [RFC] mlock/stack guard interaction fixup
    On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 9:08 AM, Sam Ravnborg <> wrote:
    > Tony Luck already provided a VM_GROWSUP version.
    >    See:
    > [It is signed off by Tony Luc - but I guess they know each other ;-) ]

    Tony Luc spends too much time looking at the To: and Cc: to make
    sure that he spelled *other* peoples names correctly.

    That patch doesn't apply any more because of the latest change to look
    at vm_prev instead of calling find_vma() [N.B. the block comment above
    check_stack_guard_page() still talks about find_vma()]. I can fix up my
    patch ... but I have to wonder whether the new code doesn't leave a
    hole again. It assumes that any VM_GROWSDOWN object that is
    found below the current one is the result of the stack vma having been
    split. But couldn't an attacker have used MAP_GROWSDOWN when
    placing their sneaky stack smashing mapping just below the stack?

      Last update: 2010-08-23 18:37    [W:0.040 / U:35.732 seconds]