    SubjectLinux 2.6.36-rc2
    Another week, another -rc. I didn't really ever get around to
    announcing -rc1 when I released it, and we had enough niggling small
    problems (like a memory corruptor in the HID layer that ended up
    causing some random problems etc) there that I never got around to
    fixing that lack of announcement. And hopefully -rc2 is a good point
    to correct the lack of earlier commentary.

    The main commentary about it is that I'll be back in "fairly strict"
    mode as of -rc2. IOW, send me regression fixes only. Really. I already
    dropped some git pull requests that were a bit too obviously new
    feature stuff after the merge window closed, but I let some others
    through (in some cases because I really wanted the features, like some
    of the VFS pulls). But no more. I'm going to be pretty strict about
    just taking real fixes. I think it helped during the 2.6.35
    stabilization window, and so I think it's worth doing for 2.6.36 too.

    Apart from the VFS updates (that bring in just a small part of Nick's
    scalability patch, and sadly not the most interesting part), the other
    big merge in -rc2 is the intel graphics update. I'm not hugely happy
    about the timing of it, but I think I needed to pull it. Apart from
    that, there's a number of random fixes all over, the appended shortlog
    gives you a taste of it.

    Going back to -rc1 - the big "fundamental" things merged this merge
    window were likely

    (a) fanotify (and I really am not going to take another notification
    rewrite for a couple of _years_ now. Enough is enough. If this isn't
    good enough, then the next time around somebody wants to rejigger the
    notification layer, they had better have some d*mn strong arguments.)

    (b) the workqueue work. Let's hope this really gets rid of various
    ad-hoc subsystem per-CPU threads etc.

    (c) various VM layer updates (writeback and oom) that I hope will be
    much less painful than they were for 2.6.35.

    but as usual, the bulk of the updates were just all the normal driver
    updates. The arch subdirectory shrunk by an appreciable amount due to
    continuing defconfig cleanups, but the driver additions more than made
    up for the lines deleted in defconfigs.

    Go forth and test,

    Linus

    ---
    Adrian Drzewiecki (1):
    md: Notify sysfs when RAID1/5/10 disk is In_sync.

    Al Viro (2):
    hostfs: dumb (and usually harmless) tpyo - strncpy instead of strlcpy
    hostfs ->follow_link() braino

    Alexander Shishkin (1):
    cramfs: only unlock new inodes

    Andrea Righi (6):
    kfifo: implement missing __kfifo_skip_r()
    kfifo: add kfifo_skip() testcase
    kfifo: add explicit error checking in byte stream example
    kfifo: fix kernel BUG in dma example
    kfifo: fix a memory leak in dma example
    kfifo: add explicit error checking in all the examples

    Andreas Gruenbacher (1):
    mbcache: Limit the maximum number of cache entries

    Andrew Morton (2):
    revert "hwmon: f71882fg: add support for the Fintek F71808E"
    drivers/scsi/qla4xxx: fix build

    Andy Chittenden (1):
    SUNRPC: fix NFS client over TCP hangs due to packet loss (Bug 16494)

    Anton Vorontsov (1):
    booting-without-of: Remove nonexistent chapters from TOC, fix numbering

    Arjan van de Ven (1):
    workqueue: Add basic tracepoints to track workqueue execution

    Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo (1):
    perf annotate tui: Fix exit and RIGHT keys handling

    Axel Lin (1):
    pxa3xx: fix ns2cycle equation

    Bernd Petrovitsch (1):
    perf tools: Fix build on POSIX shells

    Borislav Petkov (1):
    x86, hotplug: Serialize CPU hotplug to avoid bringup concurrency issues

    Brian Norris (1):
    mtd: nand: Fix regression in BBM detection

    Bruno Prémont (1):
    HID: picolcd: correct ordering of framebuffer freeing

    Carsten Otte (1):
    slab: fix object alignment

    Chris Ball (2):
    HID: hiddev: protect against disconnect/NULL-dereference race
    USB HID: Add ID for eGalax Multitouch used in JooJoo tablet

    Chris Wilson (43):
    drm/i915: Remove useless message when disabling "Big FIFO" on PineView
    drm/i915: Do not clobber the contents of TRANS_DP_CTL when enabling.
    drm/i915: Subclass intel_encoder.
    drm/i915: Subclass intel_connector.
    drm/i915/sdvo: Propagate errors from reading/writing control bus.
    drm/i915/sdvo: Use an integer mapping for supported tv format modes
    drm/i915/sdvo: Check for allocation failure when constructing properties
    drm/i915/sdvo: Add missing TV filters
    drm/i915/sdvo: Add dot crawl property
    drm/i915: Only emit flushes on active rings.
    drm/i915: Mark the static memory latency tables const.
    drm/i915: report all active objects as busy
    drm/i915: Disable the cursor for DPMS_OFF
    drm/i915: Emit a backtrace if we attempt to rebind a pinned buffer
    drm/i915: Unroll wrapping of the ringbuffer.
    drm/i915: Move ringbuffer accounting to begin/advance.
    drm/i915: Inline ringbuffer_emit()
    drm/i915: Use an uncommon name for the local dev_priv in macros
    drm/i915: Capture the overlay status upon a GPU hang.
    drm/i915: Append the object onto the inactive list on binding.
    drm/i915: Use a common seqno for all rings.
    drm/i915: Move the eviction logic to its own file.
    drm/i915: Implement fair lru eviction across both rings. (v2)
    drm/i915: Maintain LRU order of inactive objects upon access by CPU (v2)
    drm/i915: Record error batch buffers using iomem
    drm/i915/sdvo: Markup a few constant strings.
    drm/i915: Enable aspect/centering panel fitting for Ironlake.
    drm/i915: Write to display base last.
    drm/i915: Truncate the shmem backing pages on purge
    drm/i915/display: Add pipe/plane information to dpms debugging
    drm/i915/opregion: Use ASLE response codes defined in 0.1
    drm/i915: Update watermarks for Ironlake after dpms changes
    drm/i915/ringbuffer: Set ring->gem_buffer = NULL on init unwind
    drm/i915: Ensure that while(INREG()) are bounded (v2)
    drm/i915/edp: Flush the write before waiting for PLLs
    drm/i915: FBC is updated within set_base() so remove second call
    in mode_set()
    drm/i915: Only update i845/i865 CURBASE when disabled (v2)
    drm/i915: Apply i830 errata for cursor alignment
    drm/i915: Wake-up wait_request() from elapsed hang-check (v2)
    drm/i915/sdvo: Only set is_lvds if we have a valid fixed mode.
    drm/i915/suspend: Flush register writes before busy-waiting.
    drm/i915/suspend: s/IS_IRONLAKE/HAS_PCH_SPLIT/
    drm/i915: Remove the conflicting BUG_ON()

    Christoph Hellwig (2):
    kill BH_Ordered flag
    remove SWRITE* I/O types

    Dan Carpenter (2):
    HID: picolcd: testing the wrong variable
    intel_ips: potential null dereference

    Daniel J Blueman (1):
    Fix unprotected access to task credentials in waitid()

    Daniel Kiper (1):
    x86, apic: Fix apic=debug boot crash

    Daniel Vetter (3):
    drm/i915: fixup pageflip ringbuffer commands for i8xx
    drm/i915: i8xx also doesn't like multiple oustanding pageflips
    drm/i915: prepare for fair lru eviction

    Dave Airlie (1):
    i915: disable DAC on Ironlake also when doing CRT load detection.

    David Howells (2):
    Make do_execve() take a const filename pointer
    Fix the declaration of sys_execve() in asm-generic/syscalls.h

    David Miller (1):
    arcmsr_hba: Missing slab.h include

    David S. Miller (5):
    Revert "netlink: netlink_recvmsg() fix"
    sparc: Really fix "console=" for serial consoles.
    sparc: Hook up new fanotify and prlimit64 syscalls.
    sparc64: Fix rwsem constant bug leading to hangs.
    sparc64: Fix atomic64_t routine return values.

    Davidlohr Bueso (1):
    nfs: Remove redundant NULL check upon kfree()

    Eric Dumazet (2):
    netfilter: {ip,ip6,arp}_tables: avoid lockdep false positive
    net sched: fix some kernel memory leaks

    Eric Miao (1):
    arm,kgdb: fix GDB_MAX_REGS no longer used

    Ernst Schwab (1):
    spi.h: missing kernel-doc notation, please fix

    Graeme Smecher (1):
    of: fix missing headers for of_address_to_resource() in MTD and
    SysACE drivers

    Grant Likely (1):
    of: Fix missing includes

    Greg Ungerer (1):
    m68knommu: include sched.h in ColdFire/SPI driver

    H. Peter Anvin (1):
    x86-32: Fix dummy trampoline-related inline stubs

    Hans Rosenfeld (1):
    x86, cpu: Fix regression in AMD errata checking code

    Henrique de Moraes Holschuh (4):
    thinkpad-acpi: find ACPI video device by synthetic HID
    thinkpad-acpi: untangle ACPI/vendor backlight selection
    thinkpad-acpi: lock down size of hotkey keymap
    thinkpad-acpi: add support for model-specific keymaps

    Herbert Xu (1):
    xfrm: Use GFP_ATOMIC in xfrm_compile_policy

    Huang Ying (1):
    tracing: Fix ring_buffer_read_page reading out of page boundary

    Hugh Dickins (1):
    shmem: put_super must percpu_counter_destroy

    J. R. Okajima (1):
    NFS: fix the return value of nfs_file_fsync()

    Jan Kara (2):
    vfs: update ctime when changing the file's permission by setfacl
    lib/radix-tree.c: fix overflow in radix_tree_range_tag_if_tagged()

    Jarek Poplawski (1):
    net: Fix a memmove bug in dev_gro_receive()

    Jaroslav Kysela (1):
    ALSA: emu10k1 - delay the PCM interrupts (add pcm_irq_delay parameter)

    Jason Wessel (3):
    kdb: fix compile error without CONFIG_KALLSYMS
    vt: fix regression warnings from KMS merge
    vt,console,kdb: preserve console_blanked while in kdb

    Jate Sujjavanich (1):
    m68knommu: arch/m68k/include/asm/ide.h fix for nommu

    Jens Taprogge (1):
    thinkpad-acpi: Add KEY_CAMERA (Fn-F6) for Lenovo keyboards

    Jesse Barnes (5):
    drm/i915: add panel reset workaround
    drm/i915: eDP mode set sequence corrections
    drm/i915: fix VGA plane disable for Ironlake+
    drm/i915: make sure eDP PLL is enabled at the right time
    drm/i915: wait for actual vblank, not just 20ms

    Jiri Kosina (1):
    HID: hiddev: fix memory corruption due to invalid intfdata

    Jiri Slaby (1):
    AppArmor: fix task_setrlimit prototype

    Joerg Roedel (1):
    x86-32: Separate 1:1 pagetables from swapper_pg_dir

    John W. Linville (1):
    ipw2100: register pm_qos request before registering pci driver

    Julia Lawall (1):
    drivers/platform/x86: Adjust confusing if indentation

    KOSAKI Motohiro (3):
    oom: fix NULL pointer dereference
    oom: fix tasklist_lock leak
    oom: __task_cred() need rcu_read_lock()

    KUMANO Syuhei (1):
    kprobes/x86: Fix the return address of multiple kretprobes

    Kailang Yang (1):
    ALSA: hda - Fix ALC680 base model capture

    Kulikov Vasiliy (2):
    x86: intel_ips: do not use PCI resources before pci_enable_device()
    m68knommu: formatting of pointers in printk()

    Kusanagi Kouichi (1):
    perf tools: Fix build error on read only source.

    Kyungmin Park (4):
    s5pc110: SDHCI-s3c can override host capabilities
    s5pc110: SDHCI-s3c support on s5pc110
    sdhci: add no hi-speed bit quirk support
    drivers/mmc/host/sdhci-s3c.c: use the correct mutex and card
    detect function

    Linus Torvalds (4):
    mm: make the vma list be doubly linked
    mm: make the mlock() stack guard page checks stricter
    mm: make stack guard page logic use vm_prev pointer
    Linux 2.6.36-rc2

    Marcin Slusarz (1):
    tracing: Sanitize value returned from write(trace_marker, "...", len)

    Mark Brown (1):
    ASoC: Remove DSP mode support for WM8776

    Maxim Levitsky (1):
    ath5k: disable ASPM L0s for all cards

    Michal Marek (1):
    ARM: 6328/1: Build with -fno-dwarf2-cfi-asm

    Michal Simek (2):
    microblaze: Fix of/address: Merge all of the bus translation code
    microblaze: Fix of: eliminate of_device->node and
    dev_archdata->{of,prom}_node

    Mikael Pettersson (1):
    ARM: 6329/1: wire up sys_accept4() on ARM

    Mike Frysinger (1):
    tracing: Extend recordmcount to better support Blackfin mcount

    Miklos Szeredi (1):
    uml: fix compile error in dma_get_cache_alignment()

    Min Zhang (1):
    ipv6: remove sysctl jiffies conversion on gc_elasticity and min_adv_mss

    Namhyung Kim (2):
    slub: add missing __percpu markup in mm/slub_def.h
    kgdb: add missing __percpu markup in arch/x86/kernel/kgdb.c

    Neil Brown (1):
    NFS: allow close-to-open cache semantics to apply to root of NFS
    filesystem

    NeilBrown (3):
    Update recovery_offset even when external metadata is used.
    md: provide appropriate return value for spare_active functions.
    md raid-1/10 Fix bio_rw bit manipulations again

    Nick Piggin (10):
    fs: fix do_lookup false negative
    fs: dentry allocation consolidation
    apparmor: use task path helpers
    fs: fs_struct rwlock to spinlock
    fs: remove extra lookup in __lookup_hash
    fs: cleanup files_lock locking
    tty: fix fu_list abuse
    lglock: introduce special lglock and brlock spin locks
    fs: scale files_lock
    fs: brlock vfsmount_lock

    Ondrej Zary (1):
    matroxfb: fix incorrect use of memcpy_toio()

    Patrick J. LoPresti (1):
    nfs: Add "lookupcache" to displayed mount options

    Rajkumar Manoharan (2):
    ath9k_htc: fix panic on packet injection using airbase-ng tool.
    ath9k_htc: load proper firmware for device ID 7015

    Randy Dunlap (1):
    latencytop: Fix kconfig dependency warnings

    Russell King (2):
    ARM: Tighten check for allowable CPSR values
    VIDEO: amba clcd: don't disable an already disabled clock

    Ryusuke Konishi (3):
    nilfs2: fix list corruption after ifile creation failure
    nilfs2: fix false warning saying one of two super blocks is broken
    nilfs2: wait for discard to finish

    Samuel Thibault (1):
    Replace Configure with Enable in description of MAXSMP

    Sergey Senozhatsky (1):
    fix reiserfs_evict_inode end_writeback second call

    Shaohua Li (1):
    tracing: Fix an unallocated memory access in function_graph

    Stefan Richter (1):
    Documentation: kernel-locking: mutex_trylock cannot be used in
    interrupt context

    Stephen Rothwell (3):
    ata: update for of_device to platform_device replacement
    MAINTAINERS: Fix ozlabs.org mailing list addresses
    Documentation: fix ozlabs.org mailing list address

    Steve Wise (1):
    xprtrdma: Do not truncate iova_start values in frmr registrations.

    Steven Rostedt (1):
    tracing/events: Convert format output to seq_file

    Takashi Iwai (2):
    ALSA: riptide - Fix detection / load of firmware files
    ALSA: hda - Add quirk for Dell Vostro 1220

    Tilman Sauerbeck (1):
    mtd: nand: Fix probe of Samsung NAND chips

    Tom Tucker (1):
    rpcrdma: Fix SQ size calculation when memreg is FRMR

    Tony Luck (1):
    [IA64] Fix build error: conflicting types for ‘sys_execve’

    Trond Myklebust (2):
    NFS: Fix the selection of security flavours in Kconfig
    NFS: Fix an Oops in the NFSv4 atomic open code

    Uwe Kleine-König (1):
    mmc: build fix: mmc_pm_notify is only available with CONFIG_PM=y

    Victor van den Elzen (1):
    platform/x86: move rfkill for Dell Mini 1012 to compal-laptop

    Vivek Natarajan (1):
    ath9k_htc: Fix disconnect issue in HT40 mode.

    Xiao Guangrong (1):
    KVM: PIT: free irq source id in handling error path

    Xiaotian Feng (2):
    KVM: fix poison overwritten caused by using wrong xstate size
    KVM: destroy workqueue on kvm_create_pit() failures

    Yuri Kululin (1):
    wl1251: fix trigger scan timeout usage

    Zhang, Yanmin (1):
    perf, x86: Fix Intel-nhm PMU programming errata workaround

    Zhenyu Wang (3):
    agp/intel: set 40-bit dma mask on Sandybridge
    drm/i915: fix render pipe control notify on sandybridge
    drm/i915,intel_agp: Add support for Sandybridge D0

    Zou Nan hai (3):
    drm/i915 invalidate indirect state pointers at end of ring exec
    drm/i915: Set up a render context on Ironlake
    drm/i915: Enable RC6 on Ironlake.

    eric miao (1):
    ARM: 6326/1: kgdb: fix GDB_MAX_REGS no longer used