SubjectHow the heck do I get started?
From
I have joined the kernel newbies mailing list, and I am reading
through the website.
A long term (3 month) goal for me would be to fix up the 0.01 kernel
so it compiles and boots.

If you look at the code in head.s and boot.s, they are written in
different styles, comments are different (| instead of # or ; ), do
have to get rid of them to make it compile correctly?