SubjectRe: Possible Oprofile crash/race when stopping

> Benjamin,
>
> thanks for reporting this. I was trying to reproduce this with various
> loads and scenarios, but without success so far. Can you give me a
> hint of the load you have (number of processes running, cpu load, do
> you switch off oprofile while many processes are still running)? Are
> you able to regularly trigger it?

Hi, sorry, I missed your reply, Michael just gave me a wake-up call.

I can't tell that much about the workload, I don't have access to it
either, let's say that from my point of view it's a "customer" binary
blob.

I can re-trigger it though.

> > I think the right sequence however requires breaking up end_sync. Ie, we
> > need to do in that order:
> >
> > - cancel the workqueues
> > - unregister the notifier
> > - process the mortuary
> >
> > What do you think ?
>
> This could potentially fix it, I will have to look deeper into the
> code. Try to do this next week.

Thanks. Let me know.

Cheers,
Ben.

  Last update: 2010-08-03 03:59    [W:1.158 / U:0.092 seconds]