SubjectRe: Preview of changes to the Security susbystem for 2.6.36
Hi Christian,

On Mon, Aug 02, 2010 at 12:19:54PM +0200, Christian Stroetmann wrote:
> But we discussed as well that the problem of chaining of small or
> large LSMs is not an argument for the existence of the Yama LSM, and
> that the LSM architecture should be developed further so that all of
> the functionalities of other securtiy packages without an LSM can be
> integrated as a whole by a new version of the LSM system in the
> future and not by ripping them of like it was done with the Yama LSM
> [3].
> You can see these objections [3] as a second NAK, but now from a
> company's developer (I haven't said this before, because I'm not a
> hard core kernel developer).

I'm not sure I understand you, exactly. Are you saying that Yama should not
exist because it might grow into a large LSM?

-Kees

--
Kees Cook
Ubuntu Security Team

  Last update: 2010-08-02 18:39    [W:0.131 / U:0.336 seconds]