    SubjectRe: Attempted summary of suspend-blockers LKML thread
    Hi,

    On Sun, 1 Aug 2010 21:05:48 -0700
    Arjan van de Ven <arjan@infradead.org> wrote:

    > I'm a little worried that this whole "I need to block suspend" is
    > temporary. Yes today there is silicon from ARM and Intel where suspend
    > is a heavy operation, yet at the same time it's not all THAT heavy
    > anymore.... at least on the Intel side it's good enough to use pretty
    > much all the time (when the screen is off for now, but that's a memory
    > controller issue more than anything else). I'm pretty sure the ARM guys
    > will not be far behind.

    I think that the only thing that really matters (longterm) with suspend
    is that processes don't get scheduled anymore when the system is
    suspended.

    Cheers,
    Flo

      Last update: 2010-08-02 07:37    [W:0.021 / U:30.328 seconds]