SubjectRe: regulator voltage aggregation
On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 01:44:36PM -0700, Bobby Crabtree wrote:

> Only remaining question I have is if the aggregation of
> multiple consumer constraints should be the default (and only)
> behavior. Or should we introduce a new flag to the
> regulator_constraints structure that tells the core to aggregate
> consumer voltages constraints?

I'd say make it the only behaviour - if there is only one consumer it
decays into the same behaviour as we have currently, and since voltage
changes need to be explicitly enabled by the machine constraints it
should not affect any existing machines.

One thing to take account of is an attempt to set a constraint which
can't be accomodated by the other enabled devices, or enable a device
which has constraints outside the currently allowed range.

  Last update: 2010-08-17 23:05    [W:0.248 / U:0.092 seconds]