    Subject[REGRESSION, bisected] 2.6.36-rc1 - suspend issues
    From
    Hello,
    The merge window is closed so it's time to hunt for bugs. I've got
    one, please find details below.
    -----------------------

    Working kernels: from 2.6.35 - to 2.6.35.2
    Non working kernels: from (at least) 2.6.35-git2 - to 2.6.36-rc1
    -----------------------

    Description of the problem(s):

    1. First of all I confirm that the problem is consistent: suspend
    works well every time on the 'good' kernels and it newer works (with
    the symptoms) on any of the 'bad' kernels. I've tested it several
    times on a couple of 'good' and 'bad' kernels to make sure it's not
    some random issue.

    2. On a bad kernel, this is what happens when I try to switch to suspend mode:
    - screen goes blank ['No signal detected !'] - that's OK :)
    - either the CPU fan or PSU fan or both are still running and they
    won't stop (left it for about 30 min. once)
    - the power light is on and still, where in suspend mode it should
    blink - that won't change either
    - pressing the power button obviously doesn't wake the system up; need
    to hard reboot

    3. Now, when booting again, after an unsuccessful suspend and hard
    reboot, something happens to my network card (and it doesn't matter
    what is the next kernel I boot from - it can be any 'good' or 'bad'
    one):
    - in Gnome, the gnome-panel network indicator shows my connection as
    disabled (wired eth0 - the only one I use); enabling it doesn't bring
    my network up

    4. After re-booting from any of the 'good' or 'bad' kernels my network
    connection is working again.

    Bisecting turned up the following commit. Reverting it in 2.6.36-rc1
    results in a system that works.

    commit bd25f4dd6972755579d0ea50d1a5ace2e9b00d1a