SubjectRe: bug LINUX_VERSION_CODE undefined
Some update.

It seems that build script (and makefiles) uses it's own VERSION variable.
In the last standalone makefile where
> make uImage
executes, I have tried to
> override VERSION :=
> export VERSION
and execute make as
> VERSION= make uImage
but the only thing that helps is to prepend "override" keyword to
VERSION initialization in the main linux Makefile:

override VERSION = 2