    SubjectRe: bug LINUX_VERSION_CODE undefined
    From
    Some update.

    It seems that build script (and makefiles) uses it's own VERSION variable.
    In the last standalone makefile where
    > make uImage
    executes, I have tried to
    > override VERSION :=
    > export VERSION
    and execute make as
    > VERSION= make uImage
    but the only thing that helps is to prepend "override" keyword to
    VERSION initialization in the main linux Makefile:

    override VERSION = 2

    2010/8/17 Sergey Naumov <sknaumov@gmail.com>:
    > Hello. This is my first message to this list so please be patient.
    >
    > I have encountered compilation error due to
    > #define LINUX_VERSION_CODE
    > in include/linux/version.h
    >
    > This happens because $(VERSION) variable in the main Makefile has a
    > value of 2.6.35.2 instead of 2,
    > so "expr" utility fails to generate LINUX_VERSION_CODE value with an
    > error "non-numeric argument" or smth.
    >
    > I have found only one link (
    > http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-kbuild/msg03230.html ) to this
    > issue in the Internet,
    > but there is no response to it, so I decided to post this message.
    >
    > Please subscribe me personally to answers to this post.
    >
    > Sergey Naumov.

      Last update: 2010-08-17 12:11    [W:0.019 / U:2.560 seconds]