    SubjectLinux 2.6.35
    So I said -rc6 would likely be the last -rc, and nothing happened to
    change my mind. I'd always be happier if it had been an even quieter
    week, but the appended Shortlog of changes since rc6 doesn't contain
    anything earthshaking, and I don't think we'd have been any better off
    by another rc, and waiting one more week. So 2.6.35 is out, go check
    it out.

    This may have been a fairly odd release cycle with my rather strict
    -rc rules before -rc3, but on the whole I think I liked it, and it
    seems to have worked out ok. I relaxed my extreme stance after getting
    back from vacation, so the latter half of the rc series was more
    normal. But even then I got the feeling that people were perhaps a bit
    more aware of the whole "regression fixes only" model, which is all
    good. It's a bit hard to judge, but there are some numbers to back it
    up: in the 2.6.34 release, there were 3800 commits after -rc1, but in
    the current 35 release cycle we had less than 2000.

    Now, admittedly 34 was worse than average in that respect (3800
    commits is a _lot_ of work after -rc1), but git history says that at
    least going back to 2.6.24, we've never had less than 2000 commits
    after -rc1 before now. They tend to be in the 2700-3200 commit range.
    So I do think we really did have a lot less churn than usual
    post-merge-window. And that's good.

    So I'd like to try to repeat the experiment for the next release
    cycle, and be pretty hardnosed about taking patches and git pull
    requests after the merge window closes.

    Talking about the next merge window: Andrew Morton was pretty unhappy
    with the stability of linux-next at least a couple of weeks ago. It's
    what he bases his -mm trees on, and so an unstable linux-next makes it
    hard for Andrew to get his work done. It also makes me worried,
    because a lot of people seem to think that "it's been in linux-next
    for several months" means that something can and should be merged. And
    if linux-next ends up being really flaky, that clearly cannot be the

    So guys - please don't treat linux-next as a dumping ground. Things
    that go in there should be more or less ready for merging (with an
    emphasis on "more"), and we need to keep that tree in working order.
    If you're nervous about the stability of your work, you should just
    admit that it's not ready to be merged, shouldn't go in the next
    release cycle, and shouldn't be in linux-next yet and make life harder
    for people like Andrew - or for the other more careful linux-next

    On a slightly happier note: one thing I do hope we can merge in the
    upcoming merge window is Nick Piggin's cool VFS scalability series.
    I've been using it on my own machine, and gone through all the commits
    (not that I shouldn't go through some of them some more), and am
    personally really excited about it. It's seldom we see major
    performance improvements in core code that are quite that noticeable,
    and Nick's whole RCU pathname lookup in particular just tickles me

    Anything else? I'm sure there's tons of things I should say about what
    went into 2.6.35, but as usual there are already better writeups about
    what has changed. Things like the kernelnewbies pages etc. So head off

    for some overviews of the things that changed this time around. Or
    just download the kernel from the regular places, and give it a test.

    Adam Jackson (2):
    drm/i915: Make G4X-style PLL search more permissive
    drm/edid: Fix the HDTV hack sync adjustment

    Adam Lackorzynski (1):
    x86, i8259: Only register sysdev if we have a real 8259 PIC

    Alex Chiang (1):
    ACPI: processor: fix processor_physically_present on UP

    Alexey Shvetsov (1):
    wimax/i2400m: Add PID & VID for Intel WiMAX 6250

    Andre Osterhues (1):
    ecryptfs: Bugfix for error related to ecryptfs_hash_buckets

    Andrea Shepard (1):
    net: Fix corruption of skb csum field in pskb_expand_head() of

    Andrej Gelenberg (1):
    [CPUFREQ] revert "[CPUFREQ] remove rwsem lock from
    CPUFREQ_GOV_STOP call (second call site)"

    Andrew Bird (1):
    USB: New PIDs for Qualcomm gobi 2000 (qcserial)

    Andy Gospodarek (1):
    ixgbe/igb: catch invalid VF settings

    Anton Blanchard (2):
    powerpc/mm: Handle hypervisor pte insert failure in __hash_page_huge
    [SCSI] ibmvscsi: Fix oops when an interrupt is pending during probe

    Anton Vorontsov (1):
    edac: mpc85xx: fix coldplug/hotplug module autoloading

    Anuj Aggarwal (1):
    regulator: tps6507x: allow driver to use DEFDCDC{2,3}_HIGH register

    Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo (1):
    perf annotate: Fix handling of goto labels that are valid hex numbers

    Avi Kivity (1):
    KVM: Use kmalloc() instead of vmalloc() for KVM_[GS]ET_MSR

    Axel Lin (2):
    ab3100: fix off-by-one value range checking for voltage selector
    wm8350-regulator: fix wm8350_register_regulator error handling

    Ben Greear (1):
    net: dev_forward_skb should call nf_reset

    Ben Hutchings (1):
    MIPS: Set io_map_base for several PCI bridges lacking it

    Benjamin Herrenschmidt (4):
    powerpc/mm: Move around testing of _PAGE_PRESENT in hash code
    powerpc/mm: Fix bugs in huge page hashing
    powerpc/mm: Add some debug output when hash insertion fails
    powerpc: Fix erroneous lmb->memblock conversions

    Bob Copeland (1):
    USB: usb-storage: fix initializations of urb fields

    Borislav Petkov (1):
    [CPUFREQ] powernow-k8: Limit Pstate transition latency check

    Breno Leitao (1):
    s2io: fixing DBG_PRINT() macro

    Brian Haley (1):
    ipv6: Don't add routes to ipv6 disabled interfaces.

    Bruno Randolf (1):
    MIPS: MTX-1: Fix PCI on the MeshCube and related boards

    Catalin Marinas (3):
    ARM: 6271/1: Introduce *_relaxed() I/O accessors
    ARM: 6272/1: Convert L2x0 to use the IO relaxed operations
    ARM: 6273/1: Add barriers to the I/O accessors if ARM_DMA_MEM_BUFFERABLE

    Chris Wilson (4):
    drm/i915: Explosion following OOM in do_execbuffer.
    drm/i915: Clear any existing dither mode prior to enabling
    spatial dithering
    drm/i915: Use the correct scanout alignment for fbcon.
    drm/i915: Fix panel fitting regression since 734b4157

    Christof Schmitt (2):
    [SCSI] zfcp: Do not wait for SBALs on stopped queue
    [SCSI] zfcp: Update status read mempool

    Colin Leitner (1):
    USB: ftdi_sio: support for Signalyzer tools based on FTDI chips

    Conny Seidel (1):
    perf tools: Fix fallback to cplus_demangle() when bfd_demangle()
    is not available

    Corey Minyard (1):
    USB: FTDI: Add support for the RT System VX-7 radio programming cable

    Dan Carpenter (1):
    nfs: include space for the NUL in root path

    Daniel J Blueman (3):
    quiesce EDAC initialisation on desktop/mobile i7
    [CPUFREQ] fix double freeing in error path of pcc-cpufreq
    drm/radeon/kms: fix radeon mid power profile reporting

    David Daney (3):
    MIPS: "Fix" useless 'init_vdso successfully' message.
    MIPS: Make init_vdso a subsys_initcall.
    MIPS: Quit using undefined behavior of ADDU in 64-bit atomic operations.

    David Howells (3):
    CRED: Fix get_task_cred() and task_state() to not resurrect dead
    CRED: Fix __task_cred()'s lockdep check and banner comment
    CIFS: Remove __exit mark from cifs_exit_dns_resolver()

    David S. Miller (1):
    net: Fix skb_copy_expand() handling of ->csum_start

    David VomLehn (1):
    MIPS: PowerTV: Move register setup to before reading registers.

    Dennis Jansen (1):
    USB: option: Add support for AMOI Skypephone S2

    Dmitry Torokhov (1):
    Input: RX51 keymap - fix recent compile breakage

    Eric Miao (3):
    [ARM] pxa/corgi: fix MMC/SD card detection failure
    [ARM] pxa: fix incorrect order of AC97 reset pin configs
    [ARM] pxa: fix incorrect CONFIG_CPU_PXA27x to CONFIG_PXA27x

    Eric W. Biederman (4):
    Driver-core: Always create class directories for classses that
    support namespaces.
    sysfs: Don't allow the creation of symlinks we can't remove
    sysfs: sysfs_delete_link handle symlinks from untagged to tagged
    sysfs: allow creating symlinks from untagged to tagged directories

    Felipe Balbi (1):
    USB: musb: tusb6010: fix compile error with n8x0_defconfig

    Florian Fainelli (1):
    MIPS: BCM63xx: Prevent second enet registration on BCM6338

    Frederic Weisbecker (1):
    perf: Fix various display bugs with parent filtering

    Gary King (1):
    ARM: 6279/1: highmem: fix SMP preemption bug in kmap_high_l1_vipt

    Greg Edwards (1):
    bonding: set device in RLB ARP packet handler

    Gui Jianfeng (1):
    perf symbols: Fix directory descriptor leaking

    Heiko Carstens (1):
    [S390] Fix IRQ tracing in case of PER

    Herbert Xu (1):
    macvtap: Limit packet queue length

    Hugh Dickins (1):
    mm: fix ia64 crash when gcore reads gate area

    Jason Baron (1):
    dynamic debug: move ddebug_remove_module() down into free_module()

    Jason Wessel (1):
    x86,kgdb: Fix hw breakpoint regression

    Jeremy Kerr (5):
    ARM: 6258/1: arm/h720x: fix debug macro compilation failure
    ARM: 6259/1: arm/ns9xxx: fix debug macro compilation failure
    ARM: 6260/1: arm/plat-spear: fix debug macro compilation failure
    ARM: 6261/1: arm/shark: fix debug macro compilation failure
    ARM: 6262/1: arm/clps711x: fix debug macro compilation failure

    Jesse Barnes (8):
    drm/i915: handle shared framebuffers when flipping
    drm/i915: add PANEL_UNLOCK_REGS definition
    drm/i915: make sure eDP panel is turned on
    drm/i915: disable FBC when more than one pipe is active
    drm/i915: don't free non-existent compressed llb on ILK+
    drm/i915: fix deadlock in fb teardown
    drm/i915: add pipe A force quirks to i915 driver
    drm/i915: make sure we shut off the panel in eDP configs

    John W. Linville (1):
    wireless: use netif_rx_ni in ieee80211_send_layer2_update

    Jon Povey (1):
    gpio: fix spurious printk when freeing a gpio

    Julia Lawall (1):
    SA1111: Eliminate use after free

    KOSAKI Motohiro (1):
    ACPI: fix unused function warning

    Kumar Gala (1):
    powerpc/kexec: Fix boundary case for book-e kexec memory limits

    Latchesar Ionkov (1):
    9p: Pass the correct end of buffer to p9stat_read

    Len Brown (3):
    ACPI: handle systems which asynchoronously enable ACPI mode
    ACPI: skip checking BM_STS if the BIOS doesn't ask for it
    ACPI: create "processor.bm_check_disable" boot param

    Linus Torvalds (1):
    Linux 2.6.35

    Magnus Damm (1):
    ARM: 6270/1: clean files in arch/arm/boot/compressed/

    Marek Vasut (2):
    [ARM] pxa: cpufreq-pxa2xx: fix DRI recomputation routine
    [ARM] pxa: fix frequency scaling for pcmcia/pxa2xx_base

    Martin Schwidefsky (1):
    [S390] etr: fix clock synchronization race

    Matthew Garrett (2):
    [CPUFREQ] pcc driver should check for pcch method before calling _OSC
    [CPUFREQ] Fix PCC driver error path

    Michael S. Tsirkin (2):
    tun: avoid BUG, dump packet on GSO errors
    virtio: fix oops on OOM

    Michal Marek (1):
    kbuild: Fix make rpm

    Michał Górny (1):
    kbuild: Make the setlocalversion script POSIX-compliant

    Ming Lei (1):
    ath9k: fix dma direction for map/unmap in ath_rx_tasklet

    Nik A. Melchior (1):
    ACPI video: fix string mismatch for Sony SR290 laptop

    Oliver Neukum (2):
    USB: sisusbvga: Fix for USB 3.0
    USB: add quirk for Broadcom BT dongle

    Ondrej Zary (2):
    cyber2000fb: fix machine hang on module load
    cyber2000fb: fix console in truecolor modes

    Paul Mortier (1):
    USB: adds Artisman USB dongle to list of quirky devices

    Peter Huewe (2):
    ds2782_battery: Rename get_current to fix build failure / name conflict
    serial: fix rs485 for atmel_serial on avr32

    Peter Zijlstra (1):
    perf, powerpc: Use perf_sample_data_init() for the FSL code

    Przemo Firszt (1):
    USB: Expose vendor-specific ACM channel on Nokia 5230

    Rabin Vincent (1):
    ARM: 6275/1: ux500: don't use writeb() in uncompress.h

    Rafael J. Wysocki (1):
    ACPI / Sleep: Allow the NVS saving to be skipped during suspend to RAM

    Rajiv Andrade (1):
    tpm_tis: fix subsequent suspend failures

    Ralf Baechle (7):
    VIDEO. gbefb: Fix section mismatches.
    NET: declance: Fix section mismatches
    VIDEO: PMAG-BA: Fix section mismatch
    VIDEO: PMAGB-B: Fix section mismatch
    VIDEO: Au1100fb: Fix section mismatch
    SOUND: Au1000: Fix section mismatch
    MIPS: N32: Define getdents64.

    Robert P. J. Day (1):
    ceph: Correct obvious typo of Kconfig variable "CRYPTO_AES"

    Rudolf Marek (1):
    drivers/rtc/rtc-rx8581.c: fix setdatetime

    Russell King (3):
    ARM: Fix csum_partial_copy_from_user()
    ARM: Add barriers to io{read,write}{8,16,32} accessors as well
    ARM: Fix Versatile/Realview/VExpress MMC card detection sense

    Sage Weil (5):
    ceph: avoid dcache readdir for snapdir
    ceph: fix d_release dop for snapdir, snapped dentries
    ceph: fix pg_mapping leak on pg_temp updates
    ceph: fix leak of dentry in ceph_init_dentry() error path
    ceph: fix dentry lease release

    Sam Ravnborg (2):
    tracing: Properly align linker defined symbols fix .data..init_task output section (fix popwerpc boot)

    Sarah Sharp (4):
    USB: xHCI: Fix another bug in link TRB activation change.
    USB: Fix USB3.0 Port Speed Downgrade after port reset
    USB: xhci: Set EP0 dequeue ptr after reset of configured device.
    USB: xhci: Set Mult field in endpoint context correctly.

    Sekhar Nori (1):
    davinci: da850/omap-l138 evm: account for DEFDCDC{2,3} being tied high

    Stefano Stabellini (1):
    x86: Do not try to disable hpet if it hasn't been initialized before

    Stephen Boyd (1):
    nconfig: Fix segfault when help contains special characters

    Steven Whitehouse (1):
    GFS2: Use kmalloc when possible for ->readdir()

    Swen Schillig (1):
    [SCSI] zfcp: Fix check whether unchained ct_els is possible

    Takashi Iwai (4):
    ALSA: hda - Fix pin-detection of Nvidia HDMI
    ALSA: hda - Don't register beep input device when no beep is available
    ALSA: hda - Assume PC-beep as default for Realtek
    ALSA: hda - Add a PC-beep workaround for ASUS P5-V

    Thomas Bächler (1):
    gpu/drm/i915: Add a blacklist to omit modeset on LID open

    Tim Gardner (1):
    agp/intel: Use the correct mask to detect i830 aperture size.

    Trond Myklebust (3):
    NFS: kswapd must not block in nfs_release_page
    NFS: Ensure that writepage respects the nonblock flag
    NFS: Fix a typo in include/linux/nfs_fs.h

    Uwe Kleine-König (2):
    ARM: 6263/1: ns9xxx: fix FTBFS for zImage
    ARM: 6265/1: kirkwood: move qnap_tsx1x_register_flash() to .init.text

    Vladimir Zapolskiy (1):
    USB: s3c2410_udc: be aware of connected gadget driver

    Vladislav Zolotarov (3):
    bnx2x: Protect a SM state change
    bnx2x: Protect statistics ramrod and sequence number
    bnx2x: Advance a module version

    Wayne Boyer (1):
    [SCSI] ipr: fix resource path display and formatting

    Wim Van Sebroeck (1):
    watchdog: update MAINTAINERS entry

    Wolfgang Grandegger (1):
    MIPS: Alchemy: Define eth platform devices in the correct order

    Xiao Guangrong (1):
    KVM: MMU: fix conflict access permissions in direct sp

    Xiaotian Feng (1):
    [CPUFREQ] fix memory leak in cpufreq_add_dev

    Yehuda Sadeh (1):
    ceph: use complete_all and wake_up_all

    Zhang Rui (1):
    ACPI battery: don't invoke power_supply_changed twice when
    battery is hot-added

    august huber (1):
    USB: Add PID for Sierra 250U to drivers/usb/serial/sierra.c

    pieterg (1):
    [ARM] pxa/colibri-pxa300: fix AC97 init

    stephen hemminger (1):
    net sched: fix race in mirred device removal

    wanzongshun (2):
    ARM: 6230/1: fix nuc900 touchscreen clk definition bug
    ARM: 6233/1: Delete a wrong redundant right parenthesis

    Ömer Sezgin Ugurlu (1):
    USB: option: add support for 1da5:4518

      Last update: 2010-08-02 01:55    [W:0.045 / U:30.804 seconds]