    SubjectRe: Closed source userspace graphics drivers with an open source kernel component
    From
    On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 5:06 PM, Magnus Wendt <magnus.wendt@gmail.com> wrote:

    > 2010/7/2 Dave Airlie <airlied@gmail.com>
    >>
    >> ARM Mali - not sure what is going on there, I;m going to go with no
    >> hope but would be nice to be proved wrong
    >
    > So far no user space but at least kernel space is available under GPLv2
    >
    > http://www.malideveloper.com/drivers.php

    So its as crap as the others since the kernel space is uninteresting
    and doesn't give you any idea how to actually use the GPU, its just a
    slightly intelligent shim which transfers command streams and
    interrupt to/from gpu/userspace.

    Its like having an ELF loader but no source to the compiler or linker,
    and saying the CPU is open.

    Dave.

      Last update: 2010-07-04 09:29    [W:0.035 / U:33.572 seconds]