    SubjectRe: Closed source userspace graphics drivers with an open source kernel component
    On Sun, Jul 4, 2010 at 5:06 PM, Magnus Wendt <> wrote:
    > 2010/7/2 Dave Airlie <>
    >> ARM Mali - not sure what is going on there, I;m going to go with no
    >> hope but would be nice to be proved wrong
    > So far no user space but at least kernel space is available under GPLv2

    So its as crap as the others since the kernel space is uninteresting
    and doesn't give you any idea how to actually use the GPU, its just a
    slightly intelligent shim which transfers command streams and
    interrupt to/from gpu/userspace.

    Its like having an ELF loader but no source to the compiler or linker,
    and saying the CPU is open.

     \ /
      Last update: 2010-07-04 09:29    [W:0.019 / U:5.056 seconds]