SubjectRe: Small typo in kernel [current source from git] .config option
From
On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 5:19 PM, Randy Dunlap <rdunlap@xenotime.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 13:33:49 +0300 Nir Tzachar wrote:

>> > I actually do. Unlike menuconfig, nconfig will jump to a menu item even
>> > if it is not currently visible in the screen. Useful if you know the
>> > option name but don't want to scroll down and look for it. But I would
>> > accept a patch to remove the shortcut if there is no better way of
>> > marking the shortcuts than the capital letters.
>> >
>> > Michal
>> >

>> There is a middle ground here: keep the shortcuts, but give no visual
>> indication (either capitalization or coloring).
>
> How do you tell libmenue what the shortcut character is?
> Is that a different attribute/field/specifier?

You can feed ascii chars to the menu_driver, which then employs a
pattern match to jump to a matched item. However, I have not used this
logic as I needed to implement the m,y,n etc. shortcuts.

Coming to think about it, it might be possible to use the built-in
pattern matching of libmenu by first pressing the '/' key, and then
feeding consecutive key presses to the menu_driver routine. I'll try
to come up with a patch.

> If so, how about just adding the shortcut key in parentheses [or square
> brackets] after its word or phrase?  E.g.:
>
>        Hardware Error Device [A]

This might be a problem, as there are options which are longer than
the width of a regular terminal..

Cheers.