    SubjectRe: Introducing the LCD-Linux project
    > 3) Invert the VT layer. Currently the console/printk driver is on top of
    > the tty layer. It would be nice to be able to only use a very light
    > weight vt printk without the VT tty on top for embedded platforms.

    No. printk hits console drivers why may or may not be frame buffer
    interfaces. Has done for a very long time. Keith Packard has also been
    doing stuff with crash time oops displays etc over an X display.

    > 4) Seperate out the VT emulation layer. Related to 3.

    Separate from what ?

    > 5) Multiple independent VT support. Which brings up the question what
    > should the mapping of VCs to a VT look like.

    I would suggest we borrow the X idea and each VC is

    int display; /* Display it is on (for console flipping) */
    struct something *vt; /* VT which it is displaying */
    int x,y,w,h; /* Window onto vt */

     \ /
      Last update: 2010-07-29 19:55    [W:0.026 / U:5.064 seconds]