SubjectRe: Small typo in kernel [current source from git] .config option
On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 13:33:49 +0300 Nir Tzachar wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 11:05 AM, Michal Marek <mmarek@suse.cz> wrote:

> >> Neither do I. And I don't know anyone who would find them very useful.
> >
> > I actually do. Unlike menuconfig, nconfig will jump to a menu item even
> > if it is not currently visible in the screen. Useful if you know the
> > option name but don't want to scroll down and look for it. But I would
> > accept a patch to remove the shortcut if there is no better way of
> > marking the shortcuts than the capital letters.
> >
> > Michal
> >

> There is a middle ground here: keep the shortcuts, but give no visual
> indication (either capitalization or coloring).

How do you tell libmenue what the shortcut character is?
Is that a different attribute/field/specifier?

If so, how about just adding the shortcut key in parentheses [or square
brackets] after its word or phrase? E.g.:

Hardware Error Device [A]

> What do you say? I actually like this, as I dislike the ugly
> capitalization hack.

It's not pretty and it can be confusing, but I would certainly prefer
to have some indicator for the shortcuts.

---
~Randy

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans