    SubjectRe: Small typo in kernel [current source from git] .config option
    On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 13:33:49 +0300 Nir Tzachar wrote:

    > On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 11:05 AM, Michal Marek <mmarek@suse.cz> wrote:

    > >> Neither do I. And I don't know anyone who would find them very useful.
    > >
    > > I actually do. Unlike menuconfig, nconfig will jump to a menu item even
    > > if it is not currently visible in the screen. Useful if you know the
    > > option name but don't want to scroll down and look for it. But I would
    > > accept a patch to remove the shortcut if there is no better way of
    > > marking the shortcuts than the capital letters.
    > >
    > > Michal
    > >

    > There is a middle ground here: keep the shortcuts, but give no visual
    > indication (either capitalization or coloring).

    How do you tell libmenue what the shortcut character is?
    Is that a different attribute/field/specifier?

    If so, how about just adding the shortcut key in parentheses [or square
    brackets] after its word or phrase? E.g.:

    Hardware Error Device [A]

    > What do you say? I actually like this, as I dislike the ugly
    > capitalization hack.

    It's not pretty and it can be confusing, but I would certainly prefer
    to have some indicator for the shortcuts.

    ---
    ~Randy

      Last update: 2010-07-29 16:21    [W:0.044 / U:187.116 seconds]