    SubjectRe: Small typo in kernel [current source from git] .config option
    From
    On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 11:05 AM, Michal Marek <mmarek@suse.cz> wrote:
    > On 29.7.2010 08:20, trapDoor wrote:

    >>> I almost never use them and removing them will have the benefit of
    >>> cleaning the code.
    >>
    >> Neither do I. And I don't know anyone who would find them very useful.
    >
    > I actually do. Unlike menuconfig, nconfig will jump to a menu item even
    > if it is not currently visible in the screen. Useful if you know the
    > option name but don't want to scroll down and look for it. But I would
    > accept a patch to remove the shortcut if there is no better way of
    > marking the shortcuts than the capital letters.
    >
    > Michal

    There is a middle ground here: keep the shortcuts, but give no visual
    indication (either capitalization or coloring).

    What do you say? I actually like this, as I dislike the ugly
    capitalization hack.

    Cheers.

      Last update: 2010-07-29 12:35    [W:0.028 / U:32.428 seconds]