SubjectRe: Small typo in kernel [current source from git] .config option
On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 05:41:47PM +0200, Michal Marek wrote:
> (adding Nir, who wrote nconfig, to CC).
>
> On 28.7.2010 14:17, trapDoor wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 12:02 PM, Michal Marek <mmarek@suse.cz> wrote:
> >> respectively). Unfortunatelly, there doesn't seem to be a way to
> >> highlight single letters in an ncurses menu, hence the strange
> >> cApitalization :(.
> >
> > I wonder how is this resolved in other console applications such as
> > Midnight Commander. Does it have its own implementation for
> > highlighting characters (it uses coloured mnemonics e.g. in menus) or
> > it's based on some common Linux/Unix library which perhaps could be
> > used for the nconfig as well?
>
> The problem is that nconfig uses the higher-level ncurses libraries
> libmenu and libpanel, which make some things easier, but aren't as
> flexible as using ncurses directly. Patches are welcome of course :-).

The capitilazing is the main reason why I have
not recommended nconfig to be default.

And I doubt the shortcut letters are used that often.
One idea could be to drop the shortcut for the individual menus.

Sam

  Last update: 2010-07-28 20:57    [W:0.069 / U:0.116 seconds]