    SubjectRe: Small typo in kernel [current source from git] .config option
    On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 05:41:47PM +0200, Michal Marek wrote:
    > (adding Nir, who wrote nconfig, to CC).
    > On 28.7.2010 14:17, trapDoor wrote:
    > > On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 12:02 PM, Michal Marek <> wrote:
    > >> respectively). Unfortunatelly, there doesn't seem to be a way to
    > >> highlight single letters in an ncurses menu, hence the strange
    > >> cApitalization :(.
    > >
    > > I wonder how is this resolved in other console applications such as
    > > Midnight Commander. Does it have its own implementation for
    > > highlighting characters (it uses coloured mnemonics e.g. in menus) or
    > > it's based on some common Linux/Unix library which perhaps could be
    > > used for the nconfig as well?
    > The problem is that nconfig uses the higher-level ncurses libraries
    > libmenu and libpanel, which make some things easier, but aren't as
    > flexible as using ncurses directly. Patches are welcome of course :-).

    The capitilazing is the main reason why I have
    not recommended nconfig to be default.

    And I doubt the shortcut letters are used that often.
    One idea could be to drop the shortcut for the individual menus.

     \ /
      Last update: 2010-07-28 20:57    [W:0.035 / U:40.820 seconds]