    > /export/scratch -> /scratch/local (bind mount).
    > /scratch/node/?? is automounted from node ??, in which it is its own
    > /scratch/local. When I acess scratch for local node, it backs to a local
    > mount and mounts the REAL /scratch, not /export/scratch.
    > Any ideas ?

    I'm not sure i have understand your means, is it like this?

    # cat /etc/exports
    /nfsroot *(fsid=0,insecure,no_root_squash,rw)

    # mkdir -p /nfsroot/nfsroot
    # touch /nfsroot/tstfile
    # service nfs restart
    # mount -t nfs /mnt

    # ls /mnt <== Here, we access real /nfsroot/nfsroot, not /nfsroot,
    so we can not find "tstfile", right?

    Actually, when we use "-t nfs", nfs-utils try to mount NFSv4 first,
    if you want use NFSv3, you should use "-t nfs -o vers=3" in the nfs-utils-1.2.2.

    > - AFAIK, with NFS4 the only needed daemons are nfsd and idmapd. And the
    > only accesible port from the outside is 2049, for nfsd.
    > I have tried to strip down my nfs server (-N 2 -N 3 -U),
    > but rpcinfo still gives me:

    ... snip ...

    > disabling portampper and mountd is just a matter of initscripts
    > requirements, but how can I disable nlockmgr ? It isn't needed for
    > NFS4, isn't it ? Nor portmapper nor mountd...

    As i see, there's no way to disabe nlockmgr, it's start by lockd,
    and lockd will be up when we start nfsd. It's always work until the
    last nfsd thread stop.

    Best Regards
    Bian Naimeng

     \ /
      Last update: 2010-07-28 04:31    [W:0.026 / U:55.884 seconds]