SubjectRe: Closed source userspace graphics drivers with an open source kernel component
Xavier Bestel wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-07-02 at 19:07 +0700, "C. Bergström" wrote:
>
>> Dave Airlie wrote:
>>
>>> What potential? there are maybe 6 players on the ARM graphics scene

>>> Nvidia - well we know their position will never change.
>>>

>> Never say never. I have every reason to believe that Nvidia would
>> respond to market demand.
>>

> Could you share those interesting reasons with us ?

I thought I stated that the main reason was market demand?

(Some of my own comments not representing any company)
By market I mean revenue... The Linux and FOSS world isn't exactly a
huge market for high end graphics cards and total sales. With the Tesla
series of cards and most HPC clusters behing Linux powered this has the
potential to change things. Maybe I'm too optimistic and biased, but
from my perspective I think there's a change in the winds coming..