    SubjectRe: emacs and "linux" coding style
    Date
    Ted Ts'o <tytso@mit.edu> writes:

    > Actually, what my code use is tabs with a tab stop of 8 followed by
    > enough spaces (< 7) to align function parameters and to align
    > open/close parenthesis in C expression line wrap.

    To be honest, I do precisely the same, though I think it's far from
    perfect. It's just emacs which can't do better (or I don't know how to
    make it do better).

    > The main problem seems to be that Chapter 9 in
    > Documentation/CodingStyle is written by someone who feels that since
    > vi makes it easy to only align parameters using tabs, that everybody
    > should do it the same way as vi. I'm simply challenging Chapter 9 as
    > being canon. I certainly ignore it, and as a maintainer I tend to
    > accept either vi or emacs-style indentations with respect to
    > parameters and C expressions.

    Fully agreed.
    --
    Krzysztof Halasa

      Last update: 2010-07-18 11:07    [W:0.018 / U:0.976 seconds]