    SubjectRe: [RFC 1/3 v3] mm: iommu: An API to unify IOMMU, CPU and device memory management
    On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 08:48:36PM -0400, Tim HRM wrote:
    > Interesting, since I seem to remember the MSM devices mostly conduct
    > IO through regions of normal RAM, largely accomplished through
    > ioremap() calls.
    >
    > Without more public domain documentation of the MSM chips and AMSS
    > interfaces I wouldn't know how to avoid this, but I can imagine it
    > creates a bit of urgency for Qualcomm developers as they attempt to
    > upstream support for this most interesting SoC.

    As the patch has been out for RFC since early April on the linux-arm-kernel
    mailing list (Subject: [RFC] Prohibit ioremap() on kernel managed RAM),
    and no comments have come back from Qualcomm folk.

    The restriction on creation of multiple V:P mappings with differing
    attributes is also fairly hard to miss in the ARM architecture
    specification when reading the sections about caches.

      Last update: 2010-07-16 10:03    [W:0.019 / U:1.640 seconds]